Terms and Conditions
1. If you have signed up to our mailing list, unless you have requested otherwise, we will only contact you via the email address you provided. If you wish to be removed from our mailing list, please email us to request this at email@example.com. However, we may still need to send you information about events you have already entered.
2. We will not release your information to third parties unrelated to Moors and Dales Races. We may give information about you to our partners and third parties that collaborate with us for an event for which you registered, eg medical teams supporting the event, for the purpose of running the event and safety procedures on race day.
3. The information you provide to us is stored in secure areas
By entering a Moors and Dales event, you are agreeing that:
5. You have accepted SiEntries Terms and Conditions in order to offer race registration services for our events.
6. You will fully acquaint yourself with the route and race information provided pre-race, and to keep to the route indicated. Although Marshals are present, it is your responsibility to navigate the correct course.
7. You are aware that trail running, by its very nature, can take place in remote areas that may be less accessible and where it may not be possible to receive an emergency response or first aid within a time period associated with more populated areas. It is your responsibility to exercise reasonable care and attention.
8. You are aware that participation in the Event involves significant physical exertion and accept that it is your sole responsibility to ensure you have a level of fitness adequate for participation in the Event.
9. You accept that Moors and Dales Races accepts no responsibility for loss, theft, or damage to any property owned by or under the control of you the Participant.
12. With regards medical information, this is dealt with as follows:
12.1 The runner’s bib number: Space is provided on the back of bib numbers for runners to write emergency contact details and any medical information they wish to be available to a first aider, race official or any other attending person in an emergency situation. This bib remains the property of the runner, and as such it is their responsibility to securely dispose of the bib number and all information contained on it after the race.
12.2 It is for the runner to decide what medical information they wish to disclose on the back of their runner’s bib number. In deciding whether to disclose information they should balance their wishes for privacy and confidentiality against their wish for any first aider, race official or any other attending person to be aware of particular health conditions in an emergency situation.
12.3 Details of first aid incidents are required by attending medical teams and by District Council Safety Advisory Groups for their own records.
13. You understand that Moors and Dales Races may use contact information you provide to us for the following purposes:
13.1. To provide you with information and services that you have requested about our events.
13.2. To keep you informed about events you have entered, and provide race specific information. By entering our events, you agree to being contacted via the email address and mobile phone number you provided when you entered the event, for the specific purpose of providing you with information about the event.
13.3. Where specific marketing consent has been given, to inform you of forthcoming events, offers, or discounts from Moors and Dales Races or our Sponsors.
15. You are aware of and accept the cancellation, alterations and refund conditions set out on SiEntries and in the Moors and Dales Races website FAQs.
16. You may amend race distance or runner name in accordance with our FAQs.
17. You will not be entitled to a refund if you fail to register or start within the timelines provided in the pre-race information.
18. If you arrive late at an event, you may, at the discretion of the race director, start the race. However, you will have been deemed to start at the “gun time” of the event, and no adjustments will be made to your recorded time, or time limits that apply.
19. Moors and Dales Races may need to amend the course or cancel the event due to circumstances beyond our control, such as adverse weather or being unable to gain access to the course. Where possible we will endeavour to provide an alternative course. In the very rare event that we are left with no choice but to cancel the race, we will endeavour to provide partial refunds after accounting for costs incurred.
Moors and Dales Races takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide the products and services you have requested from us. The data controller is Carol Murray, Director of Moors and Dales Races, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This policy sets out the basis on which your personal data will be collected, stored and processed. You have a right to know what data we collect and how we process it. We can provide a copy of our data processing procedures upon request. You have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you feel data has been misused.
All personal data will:
Be collected, stored and processed securely. This will include electronic storage, and temporary paper records on and shortly before event day (eg start lists and emergency contact details).If you do not wish to supply the data we require to safely run an event, we will not be able to provide you with a race entry
Be specific & only for the purpose stated & consented for at the time of collection
Be specific and limited to only what we need:
for race entrants, this will be specific data required for running the event in a safe manner. This may include details of any medical incident that occurs, or first aid treatment provided during the event.
for volunteers, this will be specific data required to provide information about events you have already volunteered for, and future events that you may be interested in volunteering for.
for marketing purposes, this will be specific data required to tell you about future Moors and Dales Races events, and Sponsors offers or discounts for current or future Moors and Dales Races events. These will only be offered to race entrants and mailing list members who have consented to receive this information. Your contact details will never be passed on to Sponsors
Not be shared with other parties except in the following circumstances:
Third parties such governing bodies or affiliated organisations for the purpose of insurance, licences/race permits, eg Trail Running Association
First Aid & emergency teams where emergency contact details may be shared in order to safely run an event.
Details of first aid incidents required by District Council Safety Advisory Groups.
Results websites, governing bodies or affiliated organisations for the purpose of publishing results. This will include (but may not be limited to) runner name, gender, age group, running club, race time and position.
Be deleted from Moors and Dales Races records:
at your request in relation to mailing lists and volunteer lists. To request deletion of your data, send an email to request removal to email@example.com. We will not be able to delete information required to provide you with a race number so that you can race in events for which you have entered.
when no longer required. With the exception of results, personal information about race entrants, race withdrawals and volunteers which is held digitally will be accessible for processing by MaD Races for 3 months after the event. Thereafter information on the SiEntries Event Registration Form will be accessible to MaD Races on a read only basis until the third anniversary of the Event, after which it will be securely deleted. Paper records such as start lists and emergency contact details used on event day will be deleted within 1 week.
You accept that photographs and recordings of an event may be taken and that your image may be used:
in event publicity, results publications and on the Moors and Dales Races website and social media.
by the race photographer for publicity on their own website and social media.